November 7, 2011

Resident Evil 5

Beat the game, get a slutty outfit!
Date played: November 7th
Platform: PC
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, I had some pretty major internet related issues in the last week (I also went to Rome!) so Steam wouldn't connect.  Needless to say, I didn't have much time to play games in a while. I was glad to see the internet was back to normal levels at the hotel today and I had time to kill so I finished Resident Evil 5.

The last part of the game was mostly boss fights, sprinkled with some regular gameplay aboard Wesker's evil cargo ship.  The bosses were pretty cool, Wesker in particular.  There really isn't much to say about this game that I haven't said before.  It's flashy, it's cool, it's sort of fun, the voice acting is meh, the writing is worse and the actual story is all right.  Overall, the game felt predictable.  Maybe I should have played it in co-op (I won't), maybe I should try Mercenaries or New Game + (again, I won't) but honestly, I'm done with this game.

I hope the next big RE game is less action, more tension.  Shit, some of the enemies in this game I shot with more than 100 bullets before they died.  Zombie or not, at some point, flesh starts to be blown to bits but not in this game.  In this game, the big bald dude still has shiny skin and a bit of blood on him.  Make it tense, make the encounters matter and Capcom will have recaptured what was once great about Resident Evil.

I'm glad I played this but I wouldn't play it again.