October 23, 2011

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Date played: October 23rd
Platform: PC
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

It feels good to play a video game after a pretty long break (for me anyway).  Due to circumstances involving my work, I now only have access to my PC and my 3DS for about a month.  I decided that this would be a good time to play some of the games I have sitting on Steam that I haven't completed yet.

I have never been a fan of flamethrowers in games
First at bat is Lara Croft.  I played three levels and am now only two levels away from finishing it.  I solved a multitude of puzzles that involved levers, platforms, flames, giant balls, deadly spikes and buttons.  I shot a bunch of dudes that conjure fire, some giants with big metal shields and even little dinosaurs.

Oh yeah, I also fought a giant t-rex who's on fire.  That's right.  A giant, fiery t-rex.  I killed him with a bazooka.  One of my favorite weapons so far is the new minigun I picked up.  It doesn't use that much ammo, shoots fast and can keep enemies at bay very well.

I look forward to the last two levels of the game, I hope they don't disappoint.