October 2, 2011

Dirt 3

Snow racing rocks!
Date played: October 1st
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

Racing games are not violent, hence, I can play them when my daughter is playing in the living room.  I did a fun race in Monte Carlo where I overtook three cars in rally mode!  The BMW M5 was also lots of fun to drive and has a nice dashboard.

The next race was an 8 lap Rally X event in the snow.  At night.  I won that without too many problems.  I then got pissed off at a Gymkhana event.  I was using a WRX at first and I think that was the problem, that car is too powerful for controlled donuts, spins and drifts.  After three failed attempts, I switched to the Ford Fiesta and won it on the first try.  I think Gymkhana is kind of a neat idea but it shouldn't have been mandatory for the career mode.