October 3, 2011

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

Date played: October 2nd
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

The price is right!  Nintendo celebrates Zelda's 25th anniversary with a free Zelda game for 3DS and DSi.  Thankfully, I have both a 3DS and a DSi XL so me and my girlfriend were able to download it and play for a little while.

Aren't they adorable?
The concept is great, a co-op Zelda game.  Honestly, I don't understand why Nintendo didn't add an online mode like that for Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, it's a lot of fun!  We went through a lot of tutorial stuff like activating switches, using sword and shield, navigating player specific paths, use a shrinking cap and even a super cool magnet.  The puzzles have been fairly simple so far but it's really just teaching us the mechanics.

At one point though, we ran into a little problem .  There was a platform that my girlfriend had to reach and she needed to throw me a jumping pad thing.  The problem is, she brought the platform too close to a fire and it burned down, leaving me stranded with no possible solution.  We couldn't find a retry option unfortunately and the only thing we could do was exit to the map screen and we lost our progress....  I think I missed something.