February 23, 2011

Dead Space 2

Date played: February 22nd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Holy fuck this game is scary disturbing stressful.  Every time I play,  I feel tense and I get twitchy trigger fingers.  I only played a short period today but it was enough to get my heart pumping.  SPOILERS ahead.

I was running through the supposedly "decontaminated" USG Ishimura.  It was quiet and empty for a disturbingly long period.  I was expecting a monster to attack me at every corner and it never seemed to come. Then, like a frying pan to the head, it hit me.  A giant gorilla-like monster jumped out at me from I don't know where and started running after me.  I took out my trusty Seeker rifle, slowed the dude down with stasis and shot him a few times in his damn dirty ape shoulders.

After that point, the monsters started coming out fast and hard.  I'm glad I spent some nodes upgrading my Stasis skill, it helps a lot....  I eventually reached a large room where I had to solve a puzzle involving lining up pipes by placing panels on a cylinder in zero-g which was pretty fun.  I can't wait to see where this game goes next.

Apparently, the two new DLC chapters are coming out the first week of March so I'll try to finish the game before then.
This is one of the controllable characters from the Severed DLC