February 22, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops

Date played: February 21st
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 80 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I did amazing today.  I think it's because I was trying to get Hardline Pro just for fun and since it asks to get killstreaks, I guess I made a better effort.  One of the challenges was to get 7 killstreaks in one game and the other is to share 10 care packages with teammates.
Fun but can't replace Scavenger Pro for me.

For the seven killstreaks in one match, it was pretty easy.  I equipped a 3-4-5 setup which with Hardline basically became 2-3-4 so I got that real quick on Array with a Spy Plane, Counter-Spy plane and care package. I also shared my two care packages with teammates.

For the second piece of the challenge, I equipped Sam Turret, Care Package and Sentry Gun.  I managed to share 6 packages in one game of Team Deathmatch.  I just threw down the first Sam Turret then camped it until enemies showed up and got the other two killstreaks by defending it.  Then I waited until my team picked them up, died and did it again.  I got the last two shares in the next game.

Then I just stopped using Hardline, I missed spamming concussion grenades and frags so I went back to Scavenger Pro.  I did amazing on Firing Range and Summit, recording a fantastic 27-1 game and a 26-2 game respectively.  I was hot last night.  I was moving fairly slow, was alert and accurate.  I think the fact that I was using Spy Plane, Napalm and Chopper Gunner helped too.  I always underestimate the value of the spy plane.