February 22, 2011

Killzone 3 demo

Date played: February 21st
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Killzone 3 is out this week.  I won't buy it right away but after playing the single player demo, I'm sold.  After I finish Dead Space 2, this is probably next on my list.  I did like the campaign in Killzone 2 so I'm excited to see what they can do in the third game.

JETPACKS MOTHERFUCKER!
The demo was really cool.  It starts you off in an air transport vehicle manning a turret.  You and your team slowly fly around and take out enemy facilities that are built on top of a river or something.  Then you crash land and must grab a jetpack (fuck yeah!) to go take out a large anti-air cannon.  I also took out some tanks and stuff with a large missile launcher.

The game plays faster than the last one and that's a welcome change.  Sev, the main character, moves faster, aims faster and just feels lighter overall.  The combat feels good and the new melee moves are brutal.  Also, it's worth noting that the graphics are simply spectacular.  This is one of the best-looking games I've ever played.

Check it out for yourselves, the demo is free!