February 11, 2011

Couch Gaming Special Report

Date played: February 10th
Games: Call of Duty Black Ops, Dead Space 2, You Don't Know Jack, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Bulletstorm demo
Platform: PS3 / Wii
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

My friend came over and we had not seen each other in a few months so he wanted to see a few of my new games.  Since we didn't play anything for very long, I'll just make one post.

So we first played one episode of You Don't Know Jack with three players.  My friend was first confused by the questions but he picked it up pretty fast and ended up winning by about 4000$.  Three players made the game even more fun than two!

He then wanted to see Dead Space 2 so we played the intro (the last 20 seconds before you actually start controlling the character are amazing!) for about 10 minutes then I loaded up my saved game and went through a giant elevator where monsters broke the windows and tried to kill me.  It was awesome.

Couch gaming!
After that, we played through the Bulletstorm demo and he was really surprised at how violent it was.  He told me it reminded him of Serious Sam.

Then we played about 10 minutes of Donkey Kong and I died a lot (as usual) but he was impressed by the pin point accuracy of the controls.  He shared his frustration with Little Big Planet's controls and how difficult it was to be accurate on the tougher levels.

To finish it off, we played two online matches of Black Ops.  It was his first time playing and I think it was his first time playing CoD....  It was a little rough at first.  He commented on how different it was to Halo and Goldeneye where you have to shoot a lot of bullets to kill someone. It took him a few minutes to get used to aiming down the sights but he eventually got it and got four kills in his first game.  Not bad for a newb!  The next match was a bit better, he got 6 kills I think.  He was using the AK47.

It was good to spend some time with him and play some games, we don't see each other enough anymore and gaming was always something we enjoyed doing together.  He also got me to think I should get a new AV receiver.  Not having HDMI on it is making things more difficult for me.  I'll start looking into it.