February 16, 2011

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Online 4 VS 4 is where it's at!
Date played: February 15th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had not played this game since having my PS3 repaired so I needed to do a chunky 300MB update before playing.  Then, to my surprise, my racer and cop levels are not stored on the server, they are stored locally on the console so that meant I lost all my cars and weapon upgrades.

No biggie though, I played about 5 online Hot Pursuit races and had lots of fun.  We won four games I think so we did pretty good.  I had a really nice takedown as a cop where I rammed a guy that was going really slow and made him crash AND busted at the same time.

I love that game but I kind of wish there was a bit more to it.  As it stands, it's a fun distraction for a few minutes but doesn't really keep my interest for longer periods of time.  I think a perk system like Blur and Call of Duty would have added some depth to the game.