December 1, 2016

Chrono Trigger

Date played: November 30th
Platform: Vita

Man, some crazy shit happened in Chrono Trigger...

When I reached the bottom of the Ocean Palace, I had to fight the Golem Twins, similar to the Golem I fought earlier, but now there are two! I stuck to the same strategy I had before. I brought Crono, Robo and Lucca and simply alternated between my strongest magic attacks.

Once I beat them, I reached the Mammon machine, the Queen, Schala and the Prophet. It turns out, the knife Melchior gave us was none other than Masamune in disguise! The sword attempts to stop the Mammon machine, and Lavos, but it isn't strong enough. Lavos himself opens up a portal and attacks us... Also, it turns out that the Prophet is none other than Magus! I am not sure how he made it there, but clearly, the Queen wasn't aware.

We tried fighting Lavos but failed miserably. In the process, Crono somehow disappeared out of thin air, then Magus tried to stop Lavos. That also failed, but we managed to close the portal. Schala used the last of her power to send us back to safety, but Crono is still nowhere to be found.

We woke up in the Earthbound Ones' village. The entire Kingdom of Zeal has disappeared, crumbling under it's own weight as the Mammon machine's magical power was no longer available. The floating islands crashed into the sea and only one small island remains. The residents were happy to inform us that the Epoch survived the disaster, and Crono's pendant was somehow found at our side when we got teleported by Schala.

Unfortunately, Dalton is also still around. He barged in during a conversation and proclaimed himself the new ruler of the world. He even calls it the Kingdom of Dalton! He attacks us with powerful magic and steals the Epoch before we could even react.

The party wakes up in a strange room, with all their items, money and equipment gone. This turned out to be a prison cell inside the Blackbird, the giant aircraft that was being built by Dalton. It seems it survived the disaster of the Mammon machine and now rules the skies. I found a way out of the cell through some air vents and explored the dungeon to find my stuff.
Ayla, Robo and Lucca ride on the Blackbird's wing as the Epoch flies below
After beating a ton of enemies and recovering my belongings from treasure chests scattered about, we found our way onto one of the gigantic wings of the Blackbird. That's where I fought Dalton's last line of defense, the Golem Boss. He was ridiculously easy to beat...he barely even attacked me.

It turns out, Dalton had made some pretty significant modifications to the Epoch as it can now fly! He even renamed it the Aero-Dalton Imperial... He was flying it around under the Blackbird, so we jumped onto it, beat Dalton and reclaimed our time machine. Lucca blew up the Blackbird in the process by pressing the wrong button on the Epoch. I'm really curious to see what will happen next now...