December 5, 2016

Forza Horizon 3

Date played: December 4th
Platform: Xbox One

I played a bit more Forza and did a few random things. I spent a good amount of time completing the championship I had already started, where I raced my trusty Ferrari Dino against some other Ferraris and some Lamborghinis. I was able to upgrade two festival sites and bought an Ultima GTR in the process. That car is super weird... It's smaller than a Fiat, but it's extremely fast and nimble. It's lots of fun to drive.
The Ferrari Dino racing in the middle of the night
I also raced in my trusty Ariel Nomad, the insanely cool off road buggy. As usual, it was a real joy to drive and race on the bumpy terrain. Along the way, I found a couple of barn finds. The first is a very old and famous Ferrari while the second is an odd Lamborghini SUV from the 80's.

Finally, I attempted a very difficult bucket list challenge that put me in the seat of a rally racing Audi. The event starts in the deepest parts of the Outback and tasks me with driving to Surfer's Paradise as fast as possible. I really must be off the mark because after about 5 attempts, I wasn't even close to the target time. I'm probably not following a good route, but it still seems really difficult.