December 21, 2016

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: December 20th and 21st
Platform: PS4

I keep getting distracted with side quests and hunts... The first quest I did had me taking pictures of the Disc of Cauthess, which is basically a giant burning meteor that sits in the middle of Duscae. When I last visited the market in Lestallum, many of the vendors there had quests for me. The first of these sent me to Furloch farms to harvest some green beans. I had to beat some monsters that stood in the way, then I picked up the beans.

While doing some of these side quests, I discovered by chance that Chocobos can swim! I found it weird that Noctis couldn't swim, but now that I can use my trusty bird to do it, it makes a bit more sense. I also ran into a very powerful monster, a Coeurl. It was higher level than me, but I was feeling brave and attacked it. The giant, huge-whiskered feline was no fucking joke. In fact, after a few seconds of offense, Noctis got knocked out before I had a chance to heal him. I used a precious Phoenix Down and ran away... I'll get you one day Coeurl!
This Coeurl kicked my ass
My next side quest sent me to hunt Bulettes, heavily armored monsters. These were a ton of fun to battle with because they move relatively slowly, but they hit hard. I helped a vendor by finding a couple of delivery vans that he lost to monster attacks. I did a bit of fishing too, including a little side quest that rewarded me with a new, upgraded fishing rod. I also found some more dog tags, did some more farming missions, more photo missions and a couple of hunts. I even upgraded the Regalia to be more fuel efficient and resistant to scratches.

I think it might be time to move on with the main quest, since I'm now level 30 or so, and the main quest is tagged as like level 12... But I'm really liking all these side missions.