December 26, 2016

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: December 25th
Platform: PS4

I've played a ton of FFXV last night. I began with a simple side quest to find some ore for Dino. He rewarded me with a powerful accessory, so I re-equipped all my guys. I also spent some time getting some new skills in the skill tree. I spent a few minutes completing some hunts near Galdin Quay, fighting some heavily armored goblins. I'm using magic a lot more often now in battle, since I'm more comfortable with the Elemancy crafting. For example, I was able to craft a Firaga spell with 26 uses by using the right materials during crafting.

I slowly headed towards the story mission to find the magical sword behind the waterfall. I stopped at a new outpost along the way where I picked up a couple of hunts. I chased down some Spiracorns and Mighty Shears. These battles were both rather difficult, but with careful planning and strong offense, I took them down.

We then reached waterfall which hid the entrance to a big dungeon behind it. This was a huge ice cavern, with many different pathways and dead ends. I fought a new enemy type, Ronin. Like the legendary samurai, it wields a huge katana and a cool robe. I loved fighting these guys. At the end of the dungeon, we found a new Royal Arm. Back in Lestallum, Noctis is getting more headaches, and the earthquakes are more frequent.

During one of these headaches, Noctis had a vision of the Disc of Cauthess, the burning meteor in the middle of Duscae. He also saw the face of a gigantic Titan named Archeon, who holds the meteor in his hands. We went to Lestallum's observatory to pick a route, when we were met by Ardyn, a mysterious man who always has a big smirk. He convinced us to travel to the disc with him, with the promise of helping us get inside.

We followed him as he drove his old car and he opened up the gate for us. We found another Royal Arm near the disc, which unlocked the ability to use Armiger. This gives Noctis immense strength for a short period. It's governed by a meter that recharges during combat. We then met with the Titan himself. He's very large and reminiscent of bosses from God of War in scale.
Archeon, the Titan
However, it turns out this dude wants nothing to do with Noctis, so he attacks us, swiping at us with his huge hands. We ran away from it, but had to fight it's hand a little bit. Using the Armiger, I was able to defeat it and shatter it's left arm. It wasn't enough to stop him though. Thankfully, Ardym showed up riding a Magitek armor transport to save us. We discovered that he's a high ranking person for the Empire, a chancellor.

After these events, the Regalia was stolen, probably by the Empire. This left us stranded without a car. Also, the entire Empire is looking for us... Cindy is looking for the Regalia, but she's had no luck yet. We were then visited by a mysterious spirit, a woman who was sent by Lunafreya. She gave us cryptic information, but it was enough to know that we need to head towards a big lightning storm. I think we're trying to summon Ramuh, the God of thunder.