July 6, 2015

Towerfall

I am the Turncloak Soldier
Date played: July 5th
Platform: 9/10
Session fun rating: 9/10

Three of my brothers came over to play some Towerfall and it was fucking awesome! As usual, I played as the Turncloak Soldier and my 2nd oldest brother played as The Last of the Order. My 4th brother had never played the game, but picked the Ancient Exile. Finally, my 5th brother has played a few times and used Vigilante Thief.

At first, the Ancient Exile had a lot of trouble grasping the basic concepts of the game, but after an hour of pure fun, he was dodging, grabbing arrows mid-flight, stomping and shooting like a motherfucking boss! We had a ton of close battles, epic slaughters, slick comebacks and some incredibly fast action. Towerfall is a modern classic in every sense of the term.