July 6, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Three Dragons
Date played: July 5th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

Lanayru desert held the final piece of the Hero's Song and the Thunder Dragon. There was a cool little segment here where I had to follow a cart carrying a time crystal through a myriad of obstacles. It was actually really well designed, being well designed and challenging. It also made me use most of the items I gathered throughout the game, so that was cool. When the crystal reached the end of the track near a huge set of bones, the past version of the Thunder Dragon appeared.

This guy wanted to share the song with me, but he's been very sick for a long time and wasn't in any condition to sing... He needs a fruit from the Tree of Life to cure himself, but the tree just won't grow well in the desert. I grabbed the seedling and went back to the Sealed Grounds, where I had found a prime spot for a tree to be planted earlier. I went through the time gate, planted the tree, came out and picked up the big fruit. I brought it back to the Thunder Dragon who gladly sang his song for me. I headed back to Levias and completed the song.

Back in Skyloft, a final trial in the Sacred Realm was waiting for me. It was a fun one because I know the town so well from running around in it a lot. I quickly gathered all the pieces scattered about and got out of there. I was able to open the path to the Triforce, which is hidden below the Goddess temple in town, but I haven't started it yet. I can smell the end of the game coming up real soon...