July 7, 2015

The Wolf Among Us

Date played: July 7th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

The Wolf Among Us has a very interesting story and some amazing characters, I'm absolutely hooked now! Bigby Wolf continues his investigation of Faith's, better known as Donkeyskin, violent death. I had gathered info at the business office and now had the choice of answering Toad's distress call or going to meet with Prince Lawrence, Faith's husband. I chose to go see Toad as he seemed to need urgent help.

When I got there, I saw a glimpse of a man inside the Huntsman's apartment but he was gone before I could see who it was. There was a big scene inside Toad's house. The amphibian was clearly hiding something, but after looking around and slapping him a few times (in front of his son...) he started talking. A man had come inside his house looking for something, but didn't find it. We found a letter addressed to Prince Lawrence from Faith hidden inside his chimney.

Prince Lawrence dies
Bigby and Snow then visited Prince Lawrence's apartment. He had been shot and was lying unconscious on the floor. He was awake long enough to whisper "Faith" before he succumbed to his wounds. We inspected the room and found a few clues, but when I opened the closet, a large man jumped out and ran. I chased him down and eventually caught him in an alley. The man was Tweedledee and I figured out that he had been hired by a mysterious "boss". His brother Tweedledum showed up behind me and knocked me out.

Later, Bigby followed a lead from a matchbook found in the Huntsman's apartment. In the bar, I had a heated conversation with the barmaid, Holly, and a mysterious man named Gren. I was trying to get info on the Huntsman, but they didn't say shit. The Huntsman himself came out of the bathroom. He freaked out rather quickly, but he certainly didn't seem to be guilty of murdering Faith. Gren didn't like that at all, so he showed his true nature, the troll Grendel. Holly is a troll too... There was a big fight sequence here where Bigby had to use a bit of his animal side to win. Tweedledee showed up at the end of the fight and forced me to choose between chasing him or the Huntsman...

I chose to follow Tweedledee since the Huntsman seemed to be just a big stupid drunk. I caught him and started bringing him to the business office, but when I reached the Woodlands, dozens of police were there. I went in to see what happened, leaving Tweedledee handcuffed to a lamp post. To my horror, I saw Snow White's severed head lying in the stairs to the building, ending episode 1 of the game.

Episode 2 opens with Bigby being interrogated by the police, when Ichabod shows up and casts a memory loss spell on the entire station. "Expensive, but worth it." he says... Back at the business office, Bigby, Ichabod and Bluebeard interrogate Tweedledee. We got a bit of info, but nothing really useful. That's when it's revealed that Snow White is alive and well... The severed head belonged to another person who used a Glamour spell to look like Snow. I can't wait to see what's next...