July 5, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: July 4th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed the side quest with the gratitude crystals and turned the monster person into a real person. There were two final quests to do to get all the crystals. In the first, I had to go to the new Bug Island out in the storm in the sky. Beedle, the flying shop's owner, lost his precious bug, so I went to Bug Island and confronted it's owner. After playing the bug catching mini-game, he admitted to stealing the bug and gave it back. The other quest had me find a unique plant for an instructor at the school. I went to Faron woods and found a little plant dude and brought him back. Gratitude crystals in hand, I visited the monster person, got a huge wallet as a reward and gave him his human form.

The second part of the Hero's Song was pretty fun to acquire. I went back to Faron Woods, but before I could get anything done, I had to fight the Emprisoned once more. The monster has now gained the ability to fly, so I had to Groose's catapult to bring it to it's knees and damage it. Once it was sealed for the third time, I went back to the forest and discovered that it was completely flooded by the water dragon. It decided that was the best way to literally flush out the monsters...

Link and Fi chill in the flooded forest
The entire map is filled with water and Link is forced to swim everywhere. Once I talked to the water dragon, it gave me a test to see if I was worthy of it's portion of the Hero's Song. My job was to gather little music notes in the water. Most of them were in groups and had to be gathered quickly. I also had to deal with my air meter by grabbing air bubbles. A few of the tadpoles were pretty difficult to catch, but I didn't have too much trouble. I now only have one piece of the song to find and it waits for me in the Lanayru Desert!