December 11, 2013

Skylanders Giants

Date played: December 10th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 5/10

My daughter suggested we play Skylanders together and of course, I was happy to oblige. My girlfriend decided to join us too so we played through Chapter 4 together, my daughter being the toy handler. Unfortunately, she seems to have an affinity for some of our weaker Skylanders, including the stupid fuck known as Whirlwind. The little dragon has a weak bomb attack and a slow lighting cloud. He also has really weak armor.
Skystones is pretty cool

Either way, our ship gets damaged in a storm so we made an emergency landing in a carnival run by wolf pirates. Yep.

The level was more difficult than what we did before, but my girlfriend was simply not careful. She didn't keep an eye on her health and didn't bother to try to use her abilities in a smart way so she died all the fucking time. When a character dies, he's out of commission for a while and cannot be used. At the end of the level, she managed to kill 5 or our little toys...

The most interesting part of the level was the addition of the Skystones game, a tile based card game that sort of reminded me of a simplified Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII. I love these types of things so I had a good time playing the 3 or 4 matches required to complete the level.