December 25, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Date played: December 22nd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm a pirate! Edward Kenway is now the proud owner of the Jackdaw, his own pirate ship. I played a mission in Nassau, where I had to recruit crew members by saving them from battles against guards. Full crew on board, I then headed to a small pirate port nearby that had an upgrade merchant for my ship. The ship has tons of upgrades available including some cannons, mortars, higher quality ammo, storage for ammo, crew quarters to host more men, fire barrels that can be dropped behind our vessel and even cosmetic upgrades, though I won't spend hard earned money on them just yet.
Shark hunting is fun!
After upgrading the hull, adding mortars and upgrading my cannons and swivel gun, I headed out to the open sea and fought a few battles against random ships, which netted me a bunch of loot. I even went harpooning for shark, which helped me upgrade come of Edward's gear. I have to say, the game is really reeling me in and sinking it's hooks into me. The call of the open sea is stronger than I anticipated. Even just exploring little ports and towns is tons of fun. My next mission will have me raiding a plantation of sorts, so that should be pretty cool.