December 27, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts

Date played: December 26th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I was a fucking beast once again. I think it might be because of the yearly onslaught of Christmas noobs, but either way, I had a very good performance in Team Deathmatch. My best game was an astonishing 30-4, slaughtering the other team without remorse. I tried the trinity rocket kill streak, but I found the sentry gun to be a more reliable reward, so I'll stick to that.

Snow, moonlight, good friends and a sniper rifle, quite a romantic night.
I also played two single player missions. The first was set in a snowy area where the Ghosts were equipped with silenced sniper rifles. After taking out guards in an outpost, we stole a truck and pretended to be the enemy to infiltrate a nearby missile launch facility. Once inside, we took out the power to the place, donned some night vision goggles and went crazy. Eventually, there was a portion of the mission where we had to defend an area while downloading data from a computer. I was granted a little turret that I placed strategically and some mines that I scattered around the area while I mowed down enemies with an LMG. To finish the mission, we sped away in a truck on the icy river, where I could shoot out some portions of the ice behind us to set a trap for chasing enemy jeeps and snowmobiles.

The other mission was an assault on an oil rig. This was easily one of the most impressive missions visually, where rain, fire and beautiful lighting created some great atmosphere. The mission was rather short though as I simply ran in with the Ghosts, killed all the guys in the way and blew up the fucking place.