December 25, 2013

Gravity Rush

Date played: December 23rd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 5/10

Fuck, I want to like this game, but the controls are just not tight enough. I reached what I believe is the last area of the city and repaired five things, which meant some new challenges. The first was a sliding race, which is pretty cool on it's own, but having to use tilt controls for it made it more frustrating than it should be. The second had me flying to checkpoints that were anchored on air ships. This one was a fucking bitch to get through because the damn ships move around so much. The third was a regular checkpoint race, which wasn't too bad. The fourth had me fighting a bunch of monsters, again, nothing crazy. The last, was a throwing contest where I had to use the gravity lift ability to throw things into a target area. I honestly feel like this game could have been so much better. I mean, it's good, but it could have been amazing if the controls had been more refined.