December 22, 2013

Pikmin 3

Date played: December 22nd
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

Again, my daughter simply loves Pikmin 3, so she asked me to play. Her favorite part is getting fruit, so we gathered all the remaining fruit from the last area. I have now gathered all the fruit in the game and am heading to the final boss.

The last area is absolutely beautiful
I played two days in the final level, which doesn't have fruit and doesn't let me spawn Pikmin. Olimar is captured by a mysterious golden blob and I must carry him back to the Onion. The way to the Onion is full of obstacles and dangers though. The worst part is, the golden blob chases us down the entire time throughout the level, which is set inside a large oak tree. If the blob catches Olimar, it turns around and tries to abduct him so I must chase it, fight it with Pikmin and use all my different types, depending on the state of the blob. For example, it can be encased in a bubble of water, so I must throw blue Pikmin.

I built a couple of bridges, destroyed a few walls and reconnected some electric circuits to progress and while I haven't made it to the end in two days, I feel like I'm getting pretty close. There is clearly going to be a boss battle at the end, as I saw a large open area near the Onion. I can smell the end!