December 12, 2013

Resogun

Date played: December 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

Yep, it's official, I fucking love Resogun. I also think I really like the Phobos ship. It has a powerful gun, is good in desperate situations and has a killer overdrive, though it moves a bit slower than the others. I finally managed to beat the second level where I had trouble beating the boss. This time, I took my time, kept my distance and was extremely patient and it paid off.
The Phobos ship has an amazing overdrive

The third level is interesting. It features tons of new enemies, this time with more erratic movement and less predictable patterns, though I managed to beat it and it's boss after only two attempts. The boss is a giant cube of death that hobbles around the level, spawning dangerous mini cubes as it's hit. Again, I kept my distance, was patient and used my overdrive to wither it's health down at the start of the fight. I haven't tried the next level yet, but I expect the difficulty to spike a bit.