December 26, 2013

Lego Marvel Superheroes demo

Date played: December 25th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played this demo with my girlfriend. She played as Iron-Man and I played as Hulk and Spider-Man. I was very impressed with the game. It looks fucking great on PS4, with full 1080p and no framerate issues whatsoever. The most impressive thing about it is how well the hero abilities are implemented. For example, Iron-Man can fly and can activate metallic objects, Hulk can clobber fools of course, but he can also throw very large things at enemies and can even pick up portions of the ground to throw, while Spider-Man has his spidey sense to find hidden things and can swing from place to place.
Tony Stark and Bruce Banner taking down Flint Marko

The demo features a multi-stage battle against Sandman and Abomination. We had to use all our tools to succeed and it felt really good. This is easily the most fun I've had with a Lego game of this type. This could definitely be a hit with my girlfriend as well since she loves Iron-Man so much and it's not too hard to play.