March 17, 2013

Trine 2

Date played: March 17th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I bought this game during the Christmas sale on Steam because I really liked the first game. I also played the demo on PS3 about a year ago and liked it. Anyway, I played the first four levels of the game. Honestly, this is just like the first game but prettier and more polished.

Trine 2 is fucking gorgeous
The graphics are truly stunning and very colorful which makes everything a little bit more enjoyable. This game is really just about it's puzzles and occasional combat. I pulled levers, built boxes, used teeter-totters, froze goblins with arrows, burned enemies with a fiery sword, fed a giant slug and frog, swam though caverns, swung from trees and even battled a giant snake and ogre. I levelled up my three characters a bit too.