March 10, 2013

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Bottom option please Bob
Date played: March 9th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 3/10

I was at a small party with some friends and one of them had brought Playstation All Stars, the type of game that should be ideal for that kind of setting. We had four rotating players. I only played two matches and honestly, I didn't really like the game much.

The game plays a lot like Smash Brothers but it's a bit harder to clearly see what is happening and there are no "smashes". As far as I could tell, the goal of the game is hit other players as much as possible to build up a super meter and unleash a powerful move that may kill. This seems to be the only way to get kills.

I started with Nariko, the sexy heroine from Heavenly Sword. She had a lot of sword attacks and a few projectile attacks. I managed to get a special off but I couldn't quite see what was going on so I sort of missed it. I then played with Sackboy from Little Big Planet but I found him a lot more difficult to use. In the end, this was a huge mess of drunken button smashing that was sort of fun but none of us really understood what really happened.