March 10, 2013

Dirt Showdown

Dirt Showdown is always pretty
Date played: March 9th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through the entire third quarter of the Dirt Tour. I'm really in the mood for some good racing but I can't think of anything I haven't played yet so I settle for Dirt Showdown, which is only about 30% racing. Events such as Knockout, Gymkhana and even the color-coded obstacle courses contain zero racing.

I really love the main Codemasters racing games and have been playing them since the early days of Colin McRae Racing so I am really hyped for Grid 2, coming in May. I've been thinking of getting Need for Speed Shift 2 in the meantime but for now, driving cars in weird events is the best I can do. After 13 events in the third quarter of the game, I also played the first two events of the last section.