March 6, 2013

King of Fighters XIII

Mai
Date played: March 5th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

This is another game I received for free from PSN Plus. I have never played a game in this 2D fighting series but my brother was at my house so I figured it would be a good time to try it. We only played four or five rounds but it was pretty cool. We obviously didn't really take the time to learn how to play but we still had some close fights using just regular punches and kicks.

The first thing that stands out about this game is how fucking awesome it looks. The hand drawn 2D art is phenomenal and is animated better than you'd expect. I picked the sexy Mai simply because of her amazing boob animation on the character select screen. We tried a few different characters and figured out a few simple moves. Since we didn't know what the hell was going on, it was all quite fun. I'm not sure I need to learn a new fighting game system but I still enjoyed the fast combat of KOF 13.