March 6, 2013

Simcity

Date played: March 5th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 5/10

Ok, I admit, I started playing this game the wrong way. I really should have completed the tutorial before just going right in there. I was trying to join my friends but I couldn't figure out how and ended up creating a game that I didn't understand.

I played only for a short period and followed the advisor advice. I ended up with a small town with many residences, a water supply, sewage problems, wind electricity, a small fire department and a large oil rig. I picked a mountainous area in the hopes of creating an industrial city, full of oil, metals and pollution. So far so good but a tutorial would have helped me prevent the numerous fires I've had to deal with. Maybe it would also explain how to join my friends. Either way, I had a bad experience but I think I need to play this a bit differently. Next time should be better.