March 3, 2013

Capsized

The art and setting are the only things I liked about Capsized
Date played: March 3rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 4/10

Well, I think I gave this game a fair shake but I just didn't enjoy it much. This is a 2D, action platformer with some light physics puzzles. The hero is some sort of astronaut that crash lands on a hostile planet. He has a few guns that can be fired using the second analog stick. He also has a grapple beam and a sort of energy push to enhance his jumps. He can also wall jump.

The setting is nice, the art is pretty and the music is cool. The problem is that it controls like ass, at least it did with an Xbox controller. I'm not sure if this was meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard but either way, it probably wouldn't control all that well. The character is stiff, the aiming is loose and the guy gets stuck on geometry way more than he should. The enemies are also somewhat hard to see due to the art. I played through the first four levels but I'm not really interested in playing more. At least it was only 2.50$...