April 30, 2012

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MW3 is the first Call of Duty game since 2 that I haven't bought
Date played: April 29th
Platform: PC
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 3/10

Steam had a free weekend for Modern Warfare 3 so I decided to try it out, given the new PC and all. The game runs great at 1080p and high settings all around, with a smooth 60 fps. The bad news is, I'm still tired of playing COD. I've played too much Black Ops and MW2 to enjoy this for the moment.

The few matches that I played, I sucked but that's pretty normal considering I don't know the maps, have no customized classes and haven't played a shooter that requires precision with a mouse and keyboard in a long time. I can aim badly in TF2 and still be successful, not in MW3. In the end, the game looks about as good as I expected. It certainly seems like a great game but it's just not the right time for me. Maybe Black Ops 2?