May 4, 2012

Team Fortress 2

The Brass Beast has it's uses
Date played: May 2nd
Platform: PC
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I had an amazing time playing TF2 on 2_Fort with my friend all night. It was a good server with lots of voice chat and organized teams. This was a capture the flag match but the score was set to 5 points to win which is completely ridiculous, but also really fun. Basically, I was in the same match the whole time I played. I stuck to the Heavy with a quick stint as a Medic.

I've tried out a new gun I picked up which is slower but also more damaging. I don't like it for all game modes or maps but it works wonders when I have good support. It turns the heavy into a walking turret. We also had a very good run taking over the other team's sewers with two engineers nesting there, my friend included. That made it easier to assault the other team's defenses.

The stint as a medic was short but also really fun and successful. I was tired of seeing most of our team defend and noticed a zealous and skilled Demoman on our team. I switched to medic, charged my uber and helped the demo destroy the engineer nest in the enemy flag room. He grabbed the flag, I followed for a long as I could healing then died. The Demoman made it through though and scored to tie the game! I love TF2.