April 8, 2012

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer does NOT suck?
Date played: April 6th and 7th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 240 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Oddly enough, I decided to try some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It's essentially a Horde mode with three other players. Sometimes, there are other objectives like holding an area (like King of the Hill), hacking terminals or killing specific targets. I played an Infiltrator as usual but it's a lot more difficult being accurate when the game doesn't slow down when I aim...

Just like single player, you level up, unlock skills, powers and weapons. I played quite a bit and reached level 17 or 18 and I think I can send my character to help the single player war effort once she reached level 20. There are better multiplayer games out there but I was surprised at how much fun I was having. It's a simple take on Horde mode that works and is fun with others.

I also started the quest to assault Cerberus which led to making sweet sweet love to Liara. That hot blue slut. Anyway, I killed a few Cerberus agents and at one point, was overwhelmed and died. The game then crashed when I tried to reload so that's where I stopped. I can smell the end.