April 23, 2012

Just Cause 2

Date played: April 22nd
Platform: PC
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 5/10

My trusty Dell XPS 1640 bit the dust this weekend, after two and a half years of perfect service. The monitor went out and Dell was asking 499$ to fix it. At that age and price, I decided it would be wiser to just get a new gaming laptop. I went with another brand, MSI and got the GT683, an I7 processor, 12 GB or RAM, 1 TB HDD, a 1080p matte anti-glare display and GTX 560M.

Testing out the MSI GT683
I spent most of the day getting my old data back, installing software and configuring Windows but I did manage to find half an hour to try out a game. I went with Just Cause 2 since I have it on Steam and never really played it. I really just messed around with the settings and such, haven't really played the game itself. The good news is that the laptop can handle the shit out of Just Cause 2, running in 1080p with AA and high quality shadows. I found a helicopter and explored a bit, blowing shit up and watching my new beast of a machine cut through like it was butter. I can't wait to try another game on it and see how it performs.