April 1, 2012

Soul Calibur IV

I lost to Cassandra too often
Date played: March 31st
Platform: PS3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

My youngest brother, his girlfriend and one of their friends came over to visit for the evening and we ended up playing Soul Calibur IV all night. My brother and I are pretty good but we play casually so we didn't use our main characters very much to give the others a chance. We actually played mostly with fully randomized characters with hilarious results!

We had stuff like a man fighting in his briefs, a girl with no boobs, a shiny chain mail and a wizard hat and last but not least, we got an blonde afro lady with gigantic tits and ugly elf shoes. Needless to say, it was a lot fun. Me and my brother won a lot but his girlfriend kind of found a groove with Cassandra and was able to beat us more often that I would like to admit.

To crown the night, I took on my bro, him as Nightmare and myself as Astaroth, our regular characters. To make the fight even more epic, it was set on the Star Wars level! This was as far from button mashing as Soul Calibur gets and was one of the most memorable fights I've had in a while. I won but it was extremely close and could have gone either way.