April 9, 2012

Mass Effect 3

Date played: April 8th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 150 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I finished Mass Effect 3! I finished off the assault on the Illusive Man's base, killing Kai Leng in a spectacular manner and finding out that the Citadel was really the Catalyst and that the Reapers and the Illusive Man had already moved it to our solar system, Sol.

Either way, that is when I started the final assault on the Reapers on and around Earth.There was this fucking epic pre-rendered cut-scene showing the entire fleet firing on the Reapers while the Normandy slips by. Basically, Shepard and cie had to land on earth, take out a giant cannon and a Reaper and eventually go up a beam to the Citadel and open the doors so that the Crucible could dock.

There was a super hard fight with a bunch of Banshees and Marauders that I had to retry a few times but I finally managed to survive. In the end, without spoiling everything, I was super happy with my ending. I feel like I got the best ending for everyone but Shepard. There are a lot of people on the internet bitching about the ending, and in a way, I agree that there should have been more exposition or a more substantial epilogue but I feel like overall, I'm pretty happy with the results.

This sums up my ending pretty well
This is easily one of my favorite series this generation and I hope they just leave it alone and start a new story with new characters. Shepard has done her (his) part. Long live Shepard!