June 11, 2017

WipEout Omega Collection

Date played: June 10th
Platform: PS4

I didn't play a lot of games yesterday, but I managed a few races in WipEout 2048. One of the things that is most unique about 2048 is how it categorizes ships into different categories. While there are only 5 teams here, each has 4 ships with different stats. So far, I've only unlocked the regular Feisar and it's "Fighter" class counterpart. I also have the Qirex "Agility" ship. This makes it easier to pick a team based on their design instead of just their stats.
2048 has some of the coolest tracks in the series
I really like the tracks in 2048, since most of them have at least one shortcut or alternate route. They are also way more grounded than the other games, since this takes place about 50 years before. Everything is a little dirtier, everything is a little bit more believable. I played just a couple of events, and I was surprised to see myself placing 3rd in one event, but I think I had picked the wrong type of ship.