June 24, 2017

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Date played: June 23rd
Platform: Switch

My friend and I bang into each other
A friend of mine recently bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and was trying it out a little bit yesterday with a family member, so we decided to play it together online for a little bit. We ended up doing 4 races and we had a really good time. I swapped characters and karts a lot to kind of experiment. My 2 opponents were more stable, with my friend sticking with Dry Bowser on a little ATV, and the other person ran with Link and a fast car.

Family battles are the best!

I hate to say it, but I think I might be a little too fast for them, at least for now. They are still learning the tracks, the systems, the mechanics, the items, the shortcuts and all that stuff, while I've been playing this game for years now. To put it simply, I fucking destroyed them. I felt bad though... so I often would slow down a little bit to get some action going.

Still, the game is fantastic and it's even better with friends. I had a great time with them and I hope they will want to play again, even if I won the championship.