June 21, 2017

Overwatch

Date played: June 20th
Platform: PS4

Today's play of the night takes place on the new map, which just released. It's called Horizon and it's set on the moon, where Winston grew up. It's a point capture map with attacking and defending teams. It's quite large, but it really forces the battles in some very central areas.

The first point is pretty rough to attack unless the team is coordinating well because there's tons of good little spots for snipers, turrets and defensive heroes. The second point is even more difficult, thanks to distance from spawn and all. So far, I'm really enjoying the map, but it's pretty damn demanding.

This play has me on attack as Reinhardt. We make a final push to the last point and it stays into overtime for an absurdly long time. I focused on protecting my team and throwing out fire strikes as often as possible. It was hectic, and when we won, my heart was pumping real fucking hard. It was wonderful.