February 19, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: February 18th
Platform: PS4

Chapter 14 reveals that the world is now in ruins. Noctis, bearded and looking a bit older, gets off the boat at Galdin Quay only to find that there aren't any humans around here anymore. Daemons have taken over the entire world, or so it seems anyway. Alone, I fight dozens of daemons as I walk towards Hammerhead, more than 2 miles away. Thankfully, a human-driven truck drives by.

To my surprise, the driver is Talcott, the kid who likes cactuar figurines! He explains that Noctis has been away for about 10 years. The world is invaded by Daemons and it's always nighttime. The few remaining humans has taken refuge in Lestallum, while hunters gather at Cindy's garage in Hammerhead. Gladio, Ignis and Prompto are still alive and well, but they don't really hang out together anymore. The empire has fallen, and Ardyn has taken the capital city of Lucis as his home. Iris leads a gang of hunters I think, while Aranea, Biggs and Wedge wield powerful armies to fight the daemons.

When Noctis and Talcott reached Hammerhead, they met with Gladio, Ignis and Prompto. Warm welcomes were exchanged, and things were almost back to normal right away. Everyone looks a little bit older, which is pretty cool. Our job is to get into the capital city and take down Ardyn. There wasn't a lot of flexibility in what I could do next, so I moved the story along.
These Naga were very difficult to beat

In the streets of the capital city, I fought many, many daemons. While most of them are pretty easy to handle, I ran into at least one that I had to avoid and simply couldn't fight. I also ran into a pair of powerful Naga, which I fought, but should have avoided. They are very resistant, they inflict status ailments like Toad, and they hit hard as fuck. In the end, the only reason I won is because I was in so much trouble that was I able to summon Shiva, who promptly froze the shit out of the monsters.

I'm ready to enter the palace now, which is likely the end of the story, so I'm excited to see how this wraps up!