February 13, 2017

Invisible Inc.

Date played: February 12th
Platform: PS4

On a whim, I decided to try out Invisible Inc., which I got for free from PS+ a while back. The game is made by Klei, who have made my favorite stealth game ever, Mark of the Ninja. Invisible Inc. is a turned based strategy stealth game. In the year 2074, an espionage agency's computer is under attack from corporations (I think?). The remaining agents must protect the computer and recover it's agents from the field.

This game seems to be structured a lot like X-COM. There's an overall mission timer. There's a world map with multiple missions available simultaneously. Units can be upgraded. Weapons and items can be equipped. It all feels a LOT like X-COM. The big difference is that this game requires stealth.

Units can move behind enemies and knock them out. There's also hacking available, which can disable security systems and open locked doors and computers. So far, I've been able to take two agents out on the field at once, so there's already a lot of strategy required.

I always love these types of games, when they're well made anyway. Invisible Inc. made a great first impression on me, so I'm excited to play more than a couple of levels.