February 27, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: February 26th
Platform: PS4

Well, I made some significant progress in FFXV's side quests. I began by wrapping up my fishing quests. The last one, called Angler's Nightmare, has me fishing a giant fish at Galdin Quay. It took me quite a while to even find it since he doesn't show up on the minimap, and when I did, I had a hard time getting it to bite. Eventually, he bit and with some careful reeling, I caught the motherfucker. I was rewarded with the best fishing rod in the game and reached the maximum level of the fishing skill.
Angler's Nightmare indeed
My next objective was to level up quite a bit using my special items to craft some magic spells that grant experience bonuses. I ended up with about 25-30 spells to use, so I went to Altissia, ate some experience boosting lasagna and did a shit load of hunts in the big city. The last hunt put me up against a high level Flan that absorbs fire magic. I made sure all my experience spells were weak and fire-based so that I wouldn't kill it, then I fought him for a long long time.

I got into battle with it, cast my experience fire spell, then ran out to end the battle. I then waited for my magic meter to refill, then repeated the process 30 times to expend all my spells. Once I was all done, I slept at the most expensive hotel to get triple experience. I ended up going from level 61 to 91 in one shot!

After this, I spent a bit of time playing Justice Monsters Five, the arcade mini-game, but it takes way too long to get rewards, so I'm not sure if I'll bother again.

Finally, I went back to Lucis to start working on all my remaining side quests and dungeons. I did a few hunts at Hunter HQ and went back to the Myrlwood to complete a quest for the frog lady. That's all I had time for, but I've got dozens of hunts waiting for me, as well as a bunch of dungeons.