February 26, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: February 24th and 25th
Platform: PS4

Well, I played some more FFXV and have been working on some side stuff. Most of my time was spent betting at the Totomostro arena. This arena, in Altissia, pits groups of monsters against each other in battle and I have to bet on who I think will win. There's a lot going on here. The type, level, number and condition of the monsters all combine to tilt the odds. I won many, lost many and spent a LOT of time there so that I could get the best rewards.
Totomostro was fun

The best item I got is a Diamond Bangle, which grants Noctis a considerable power boost. I also got some new spears, a gun, a fishing reel and a speed upgrade for the Regalia. Once I was done with that, I went back to Cindy and installed my upgrades, spoke with Cid to upgrade some weapons and to my surprise, I had completed a quest that let me make a major upgrade to the Regalia. It is now known as the Regalia Type-F, and it can fly! It's really fast when it flies, but it requires a precise landing on a road or it's game over!

I also spent some time fishing to complete a couple of side quests. The first was the Vesper Gar at the Vesperpool. Now equipped with some better fishing gear, this wasn't as hard as the first time I tried it. I caught the elusive fish! Next, I camped near the Vesperpool to get the fishing quest from Gladio to catch the Liege of the Lake. This one was a lot tougher, but my gear helped a lot. I have a final fishing quest to complete at Galdin Quay, but I haven't been able to hook it yet.