October 31, 2016

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China

Date played: October 31st
Platform: PS4

I finished Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China!

I didn't have too much left to play, only about 3 or 4 levels. The last few levels were easily the best in the game, forcing me to use good stealth to succeed. The hiding spots were fewer and far between, enemies were strong enough to force me to avoid combat and the level design was at it's best.
This garden was beautiful
There was another footrace chapter, where I had to run as fast as I could to avoid a fire behind me, and another where I was chasing the final boss. Both of these segments were really fun. There are spots where it's a little rough though. For example, I died by mistake because the terrain looked like it was solid ground, but the game considered that to be the edge of the map, killing me instantly. However, for the most part, these sections were great. There's a good sense of movement to the game and it just feels great.

The last level was really cool, mostly just because of the mechanics and how it demanded that I time my shit just right. There were many risky jumps and brutal stabbings along the way. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China isn't an amazing game, but it's a good 2D stealth action game.