October 5, 2016

Forza Horizon 3

Date played: October 3rd
Platform: Xbox One

I had another great night with Horizon 3, starting with my first championship event. The event featured 3 races or BMW vs Mercedes. I picked my beautiful BMW M5 and it was glorious! That care is a joy to drive. It's weird too because I had tried the M3 and I didn't like it at all, so I guess they're not as similar as they seem.
BMW M5
I got lucky in one of my wheel spins. I scored a sick Nissan GT-R Black. While the car itself is already amazing, it has the added bonus of being a Horizon Edition. This means that it gains skill points faster than any other car, so that's really cool. I raced it in a few events and I wasn't disappointed. While it's not as fast as many of the others cars of it's class, it's still able to keep up thanks to amazing handling and braking. That race event was very intense. It was fucking fast, required a good driving line and smart braking. I loved it.

I gained a lot of fans from these races, enough to upgrade a festival site. I decided to get Byron Bay to level5, the maximum. This opened up a fucking shit load of events, bucket list challenges, and other stuff. It's nuts how much there is to do in this game! The site looks amazing with the new upgrades, including some sick lasers and stuff.

Barn finds have been great. I found two new ones, a 1974 Holden Sandman HQ Panel Van, and a super rare Maserati. I spent an inexplicable amount of time taking pictures of the Holden... I modded it to look like a real surfer's car, including actual surfboards on the roof. I did one race in it, against a slew of Ford Transit vans... It was pretty funny. I even unlocked the next showcase event and I was really excited when I saw a boat icon! I'm thinking it's gonna be a race against a boat, but we'll see!