October 10, 2016

Forza Horizon 3

Date played: October 9th
Platform: Xbox One

I found a way to successfully win the street races. I hopped into a powerful muscle car, an old Holden. This car handles like a boat stuck in ice, but it's fast as hell for it's class. This meant I struggled in the corners, but I easily caught up in the straights, thanks to the monstrous engine under the hood. The street races are pretty long, so to avoid frustration, I turned on rewind for these events. I didn't have to use it too much, but it was a blessing when I missed a checkpoint.
This Holden served me well in the street races
I completed 4 or 5 street races with this setup and won rather easily, even leaving the difficulty on expert. Once I completed them, a new event type opened up, a midnight race. This is a one on one race against a specific car. My first opponent was a highly modified BMW M3 in the S1 class. I needed to get into a better car to stand a chance, so I tuned up my Audi R8, a car I've been wanting to use ever since I got it.

The Audi R8 is a fucking monster. It's very fast, handles very well and has an AWD drivetrain. I still had to fight for first place in the midnight race, but I won. My reward was the BMW M3 which was added to my garage.

Next, I entered a championship event in Byron Bay. This was a retro muscle event, with lots of Mustangs, Vipers and other muscle cars from the 90's. Thankfully, I have a nice Mustang SVT Cobra, which led me to victory relatively easily. I haven't completed the championship yet, as I got distracted. I expanded the Surfer's Paradise festival and am now heading out to discover a new barn find.