October 7, 2016

Forza Horizon 3

Date played: October 6th
Platform: Xbox One

Well, I attempted the street race I had failed last time and... failed again. This time, I had a better car, and I got into second place pretty easily, but I simply couldn't catch up to first place. That dude was gunning it. I think I may have to resort to a lower difficulty for these types of events.

Next, I headed to the Outback since I had recently upgraded it and it had many new events. I hopped into a newly painted pink Lamborghini Urus and completed a bucket list event. I was given the wheel of a Hennessey Venom, a car I've played with a lot in other games, particularly Driveclub. My objective was to reach 402 km/h (!!!!) at the airstrip. I reached 401.9 km/h, which the game decided was fast enough to succeed. I kind of want to try this event again but with a manual transmission and see if I improve.

Another bucket list challenge had me driving a Bowler EXR S, a slick compact SUV. I had to reach a certain amount of skill points within the time limit. This was ridiculously easy for me, as I've purchased many perks that increase skill point generation, and the event was very generous with the amount of time allowed to reach the target. I jumped and drifted through a construction site to reach the objective. This gave me enough fans to expand again, so the Outback is now level 3.

I really felt like racing at this point, so I went to the Outback and picked a championship event. I was forced to choose between driving a Mitsubishi EVO or a Subaru Impreza. Seeing as I already had a sick Impreza which I hadn't driven yet, the choice was obvious. These races were really fun, as I drove the famous AWD car through the rough terrain of the Outback. It handles extremely well on gravel roads and is pretty decent on asphalt. I also completed one of the races in the slower, unmodified Mitsubishi, which went pretty well also. Somewhere along the way, I decided to increase the difficulty to Expert to keep things interesting.
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
After the championship, I wanted to change it up a little bit so I hopped into a big Ford F-150 Raptor. This pickup truck is very different from the usual vehicles in the game. It's big, it's long, it's wide, it's high and it's also very powerful. I loved racing it against other high-speed trucks.

I then drove a 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E, a relatively small car considering it's manufacturer. I didn't get to drive it very long though because I opened the last festival site, Yarra Valley. It features rolling hills, big, open fields and a highway that goes on for kilometers. I didn't play any of the events here yet.

The reason I didn't complete any events here is because I was awarded a free high-end car. There were many great choices here, including a stunning Ferrari 488. However, I couldn't resist the appeal of the incredible Lamborghini Aventador. This car is a fucking monster. It's got AWD, is insanely fast, accelerates faster than anything I've driven so far and best of all, it handles like a real dream. Plus, it can handle itself really well offroad due to it's drivetrain. I ended the evening with another bucket list challenge where I had to get 15 near-misses on the highway at the wheel of a Lamborghini Centenario.