June 18, 2012

Vanquish

Vanquish was amazing, if short
Date played: June 18th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 150 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Whew, I finished Vanquish! It was a short game but it was so intense, I think I had my fill after about 5 or 6 hours of play. The second half of the game was just as fucking crazy as the rest of it. They even tossed in some betrayals, a high profile suicide and some holographic Russian robot clones. Further in the game, there were more large enemies so I swapped my sniper rifle for a missile launcher for many missions. In the end though, any upgraded weapon was good enough to take down almost anything.

The ending cinematic was really epic. One scene in particular had our hero, Sam, smoking a cigarette while hanging from a ledge over a bottomless pit. Yeah. And the credits were a space shooter. That's Vanquish!