June 24, 2012

Batman Arkham City

Catwoman uses charm. It's super effective!
Date played: June 23rd
Platform: PS3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I decided to play around a bit in the city, shooting joker balloons and video cameras. I'm not quite sure if that stuff has any effect on anything but it does give XP. Then I found the place where Mr. Freeze is hiding. I knocked out the thugs that were guarding the place, all of them equipped with guns which made things a bit tougher. I actually ambushed two of them using explosive gel which I didn't think would work but it was super effective.

I then spent an embarrassing amount of  time trying to figure out how to get through a small opening in in a door. I tried shooting remote controlled batarangs, setting explosive gel and even crouching but to no avail. After a solid 15 minutes of exploring every nook and cranny of the building, I finally cracked and checked online. It turns out I had forgotten that Batman can crouch slide... One of the downsides of playing games 6 months after starting them. I finally got in and stopped playing.