June 9, 2012

Darksiders

Date played: June 8th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 150 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

All this E3 stuff makes me want to play some of the games in my library that I haven't completed that are getting sequels soon. Chief among them is Darksiders, the Zelda game on 'roids and HD. The last time I played, I killed a boss, this time, I brought it's heart back to Samael, the cool looking demon I struck a deal with. Samael held up his end of the deal and opened a portal for me. I'm not sure exactly how it all went down but I basically met the Angel of Death on the other side. War accepted to help the Angel of Death escape from his prison. In return, the big demon from the opening sequence will get a sword in the face or something. All of that bullshit lead to a new dungeon! Woot!
The cake is a lie!

The dungeon is the Black Throne, probably the biggest yet. The big twist in this dungeon is...portals! You know, just like in that game, Portal. Actually, it's more like in Prey as the portals can only be placed on very specific areas. Still, the puzzles it creates are kind of crazy, in a good way. We're talking mirrors, light beams, boomerang switches, moving platforms and portals all at the same time here. It made my head hurt a few times actually. I beat two of the mini bosses of three in the dungeon, both of which required War to use his new, Valve inspired gadget. I expect the next dungeon will feature a crowbar.